If it weren’t for McDonald’s, the world of fast service and fast food would look a whole lot different, in Canada and all around the world.
Now when it comes to the best burgers in town, Harvey’s may be a Canada classic and for many is a sentimental favorite, but there seems to be no comparison with McDonald’s the American restaurant chain for many Canadians.
Canada is where McDonald’s opened their first international location back in 1967 and it was the largest food service operator in the country until 2005. Many people enjoy having a meal here despite their restaurants being so chaotic at times.
Maybe it’s the cheese, or maybe the bun, or maybe we should just check out what makes McDonald’s the restaurant chain such a popular joint.
- They send coupons in the mail.
Offers from McDonalds include digital coupons such as these:
- ‘2 can dine for $11.50’ with meal including any two Big Mac, Quarter Pounder with Cheese, McChicken, Filet-O-Fish sandwiches or 6-piece Chicken McNuggets, two medium fries and two medium fountain drinks.
- ‘$5.75 Meal Deal’ with meal including the same as above, only for one.
- ‘Angus or Seriously Chicken Meal Deal’ for $6.99, which includes any Angus or Seriously Chicken Sandwich with medium fries and medium fountain drink.
- ‘Chicken McNuggets Meal Deal’ for $14.99 including 20-piece Chicken McNuggets, two medium fries and two medium fountain drinks.
- They make using coupons easier with the McD app.
The McD mobile app makes things easier with providing in-app offers and delivering coupons every week straight to your phone. Offers can include:
- $6.99 plus tax Big Mac Extra Value Meal.
- 20 Chicken McNuggets for the price of 10.
- Buy a McMuffin and get a small coffee free.
The app provides access to exclusive deals, so that’s an extra chance to eat cheaper with only showing the discount code at the front counter, at the kiosk or drive-thru at any location in the country. You can also order ahead with the McD app and pay through your phone.
- They provide tailored deals and coupons.
McDonald’s has different coupons for all provinces, so what you’re getting at one location is different from what you’d be getting at a different restaurant.
For example, some locations would have Buy 1, Get 1 Quarter Pounder with Cheese while other locations would give you free medium fries with free medium drink with purchase of a large sandwich through the McDonald’s mobile app.
- They present customers with free food for completing surveys.
This isn’t an all-the-time deal, but next time you’re eating at McDonald’s you may want to hang on the receipt. McDonald’s has surveys often times and if you complete one, they’ll give you a coupon for free Egg McMuffin or Quarter Pounder or some other food you’ll probably enjoy.
- They send email notifications to remind customers of their free food.
After the McD app, the best way to stay up to date with everything McDonald’s related is through email. If you sign up to receive email alerts from McDonald’s they will also notify you of any free giveaways so you’re always on top of deal offers and will never miss a chance to grab free bites.