Ever heard someone say that shopping at Michaels is expensive, especially custom framing orders? While the retail chain isn’t the most expensive in the arts and crafts supply industry, sometimes Michaels framing costs has people wondering whether or not they would have found a better price at a different shop.
Framing jobs are expensive everywhere
Fact is framing is pricey everywhere and custom framing is even pricier since it is personalized service. Personalized services typically cost more because the job requires artwork that depends on the customer’s needs, which vary.
So a customer’s choice of artwork – and producing custom frame is a tedious process that takes a lot of time, many different tools and the precision of a skilful framer for beautiful and long-lasting results, determines the price.
On to the how to save at Michaels
Michaels targets customers from all walks of life, which is why it provides the advantage of different price ranges, but even so pricing can seem like a bit too much sometimes, so to come to the rescue, here are several ways to shop smart at Michaels and avoid paying full price for anything including framing.
Michaels Store Coupons – find them in the weekly ad, in the mail, online or via Michaels mobile app. You can also sign up for a Michaels account to receive special coupons which they send regularly to loyal customers.
- Added benefit: You can use multiple coupons per the same transaction but only if they are different types of coupons. Say for example you have a 60% off coupon valid for one regular price item and another coupon 20% off your entire purchase. You can use both, however, the 20 percent off won’t apply to the item which is discounted 60 percent.
Competitor Coupons – Michaels accepts coupons from several competitors and you can use them to save on anything storewide. They’ll have to be coupons up to no more than 50% off any single and identical regular price item and they cannot be used with Michaels coupons.
- Michaels accepts competitor coupons from JoAnne, A.C. Moore, Hobby Lobby and Ben Franklin. They may accept competitor coupons from stores in your area but please check your Michaels store policy to verify.
20% Off Your Entire Purchase – Michaels is famous for dropping several times a month the 20 percent off your entire purchase coupon and the advantage to most of the other coupons is that the 20% includes sale prices and can be used with Michaels coupons.
- Michaels will occasionally offer 20 percent off entire purchase to customers who sign up for an account.
Teacher, Senior and Military Discounts – Michaels offers discounts with ID to teachers, seniors and people in the military. Please note discounts may only be valid at select stores.
- Teachers receive 15% off in-store purchases.
- Seniors receive 10% off entire purchase every day and discount includes regular price and sale items.
- Military discount is 10% off entire purchase every Wednesday.
Deals via the online – Michaels mobile app, mailing list, mobile alerts, Facebook page and rewards program are all additional saving resources. The retailer sends out some of the best deals via the online and it’s easy to take advantage of them.
- Download the Michaels app to receive special coupons and a load of crafty information.
- Register an account to become a Michaels Rewards member and access Michaels Rewards, member coupons and exclusive offers.
Follow Michaels on Facebook and stay updated on upcoming sales and coupon offerings.